Monday, July 29, 2013

Chocolate – Ginger & Kumquat Financier





Chocolate – Ginger &  Kumquat Financier
Inspired from Jean- Paul Hëvin

Ingredients:
150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) roughly chopped
150g liquid cream (single cream)
55g icing sugar
60g butter
40g flour
40g ground almond
½  tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
110g egg whites (about 4 )

Directions: 

1)      Add cream in sauce pan & bring to the boil on medium heat . Remove from heat & add in chocolate pieces & stir till creamy & shinny texture .
2)      Combine flour, icing sugar, ground almond , ground ginger & baking powder .
3)      On low heat , melt / heat  butter in sauce pan (do not let it burn) for a couple of min . Remove from heat & pour in a bowl .
4)      Preheat oven at 170°C  & grease  financier moulds or mini cake pans.  Lightly beat egg whites & add into flour mixture .  Gradually add in warm butter & stir well.

5)      Pour in chocolate mixture & stir  delicately till well combined .  Pour batter in financier mould or mini cake pan . Topped with sliced kumquat & bake for 15 min . Let to cool before serve .






Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by   Alvin of Chef & Sommelier  . This monthly event is  organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids & Doreen of My Little D .I . Y.  This month's theme is ginger .



20 comments:

  1. I opened my blog and the first photo I saw is your pretty financiers on my blog list....I love your silicon mould! Great combo for financiers, I am sure I will enjoy these too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute. I love that bright green baking tray too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These financiers looks abosolutely yummy .... kumquat is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love your pretty financiers with the kumquat on top. Look so pretty and definitely sound very delicious too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe first thing I thought was it's a little early for snow. The kumquat is such a nice addition to the financier.

    Btw, pls support me in LTU next month, theme is eggs. Thx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit,

    I was a little shocked seeing snow next to your financier! I was thinking that the weather can't be that freak!!! I would think these ginger financier will taste the best with hot teas during cooler seasons. Totally can understand the reason why you baked these during early Spring.

    Seeing your daffodil reminds me that our Spring is arriving soon...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ginger kumquat financiers look really delicious! I love how pretty these are with the kumquats on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit, that's a very lovely and cute ginger cookies. I'm sure it's very addictive and the ginger scent must be very fragrant. Look really good.

    As usual love your presentation and beautiful click. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe.

    Have a wonderful week ahead, regards. With lots of love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit,
    Your kumquat financier look so pretty with the candied kumquat topping.
    Would love to drop by to have afternoon tea with you and enjoy your wonderful financier...:D

    Lovely daffodil your have there. Are they from your garden too??
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui-Mui , Thank you! Lai-lai-lai come & minum kopi with me ! Hehehehe Yes, those daffodils from my garden . 1st spring flower from my garden . I was a bit worried that they might fade away with the snow & all but apprantly they're getting use to the usual weather here ! LOL

      Delete
  10. Hah! Hah! Hah! Kit, I laughed at the name "tayar" financier :D Hmm..chocolate, ginger and kumquat. Sounds like an unusual combination but turned out yummy. I must try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit, these looks really pretty, to pretty to eat actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! I love how these financier look! A great blog post Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kit! The kumquat topping really enhanced the appearance of the financier! I can't taste it but I'm sure it did wonders to the flavour too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kit, these are beautiful. I had never heard of financiers before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delightful basket of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kit, I am really lost in Austen. Pictures of your beautiful garden and food are just like my imagination of Jane Austen's novels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kit,
    Very cute financiers! Tyres? They look like little flowers to me! Haha! A lovely idea with the kumquat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kit, hanoh hanoh, I thought can see ice in summer, hehehe! I love the look of these financier & the name of it always sounds so sophisticated to say it!

    ReplyDelete