Chocolate – Ginger & Kumquat Financier
Inspired from Jean- Paul Hëvin
150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) roughly chopped
150g liquid cream (single cream)
55g icing sugar
40g ground almond
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
110g egg whites (about 4 )
1) Add cream in sauce pan & bring to the boil on medium heat . Remove from heat & add in chocolate pieces & stir till creamy & shinny texture .
2) Combine flour, icing sugar, ground almond , ground ginger & baking powder .
3) On low heat , melt / heat butter in sauce pan (do not let it burn) for a couple of min . Remove from heat & pour in a bowl .
4) Preheat oven at 170°C & grease financier moulds or mini cake pans. Lightly beat egg whites & add into flour mixture . Gradually add in warm butter & stir well.
5) Pour in chocolate mixture & stir delicately till well combined . Pour batter in financier mould or mini cake pan . Topped with sliced kumquat & bake for 15 min . Let to cool before serve .
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by Alvin of Chef & Sommelier . This monthly event is organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids & Doreen of My Little D .I . Y. This month's theme is ginger .