Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pot Au Chocolat with Cinnamon Cream Dessert ( Curtis Stone)








Pot au chocolat with cinnamon cream dessert
Adapted from Curtis Stone

Ingredients :
2 cups milk
500g dark chocolate (chopped onto pieces)
6 egg yolks
¼ tsp  salt
2 tsp Vanilla extract

For cinnamon cream
1 cup of thickened  cream
1 Tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

1)      Warm milk in a sauce pan without bring it to the boil . Add in chocolate pieces & stir till well combined .
2)      Beat lightly the egg yolks . Gently & slowly pour in hot chocolate mixture ladel by ladel & keep on whisking .  Add all the chocolate mixture & whisck well . Pour mixture in glasses .  Place in the fridge for 20 mins & then only cover with foil . Place them back in the fridge for at least 2 hours .
3)      For cinnamon cream : combine cream with cinnamon & whisk till slightly thickened . Top the cream on pot au chocolat. It’s advisable to leave the pot au chocolate comes to  room temperature before serving . Garnish with fresh fruits or some shaved chocolate! Click HERE to watch the full recipe with Curtis Stone .




Bon Appetit


 

Submitting this post to Cook Like A Star  event & this month’s feature star is the good looking Aussie chef - Curtis Stone . This event is hosted by  Zoe from BakeFor Happy Kids & co hosting with  Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out together with  Grace  from  Life Can Be Simple



24 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, my fellow chocolate lover ;) Firstly thanks for joining us in this bloghop. I actually saw this recipe on Curtis Stone's website and have bookmarked it to make this month. Looks absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comJuly 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM

    Oh Kit, this is so beautiful and yummy! Droolinggggg.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look simply amazing n so simple to make. Sedap ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    Wow, what a mouth-watering dessert! My daughter would go ga-ga over this! She loves chocolate, in fact right now, she's making some snacks with choc and marshmallows!
    And gorgeous bed of flowers, yellow flowers are my most favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit,

    Being a chocoholic, I can totally understand you in term of chocolate cravings... We crave for chocolate too and always!

    Your pot au chocolat looks wonderful and perfect for your summery weather!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, I'm chocolate lover!!! You're making me crazy with this tempting dessert, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, love your chocolate pudding. I need a few cups of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit, what a delightful pot of chocolate! Definitely more than apt for chocolate lovers and you would notice that there are many more out there than you can imagine :) This recipe is definitely bookmarked for me as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of cinnamon cream but it sounds delicious! Gorgeous dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who can possibly resist a dessert so decadent as this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kit , such a fantastic dessert during hot summer days ! Just love the presentation ! Wish I was near so that I can use your WONDERFUL garden for photoshoot lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. a perfect treat for after dinner! now i have to go and search for curtis stone!..i mean his recipes! bye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Wow - this looks amazing! I could just eat one of these right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to switch my electric stove over to gas. Puddings like this just don't work on an electric stove. (or it could be just me:)

    Simply heavenly, Kit. I love the thought of smothering it with Cinnamon Cream, delightful!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. These Pot au chocolat with cinnamon cream dessert look elegant and sounds really decadent. I agree, chocolate and cinnamon are great combo. Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kit,
    This pot au-chocolate with cinnamon cream looks like those in the hotel, even better.
    Now, I am craving for some chocolate pudding!
    Will drop by to get some later..lol
    Have a lovely Sunday:)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you have me at pot au chocolate! Looks irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like a lovely dessert - I'd like to have it with some fresh raspberries on top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know by now I go mad for chocolate! I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when it coems to chocolate, I go a little weak in my resolve haha. This is one dessert that's tempting me already!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kit, love, love your sedaplicious dessert. The presentation look so stylish and elegant. Love the beautiful flowers from your garden. You are extremely good in dessert and cakes.

    With lots of love and hugs to you. have a fabulous week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kit, this is so yummy! I think I want to do this for a family gathering :)

    ReplyDelete