Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gruyère & Wasabi Cheese Brioche Braid (THB)






I’ve never tried a savoury brioche before & WOW ! What an amazing discovery  !  Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake has selected this brioche recipe for us at The Home Bakers  to try out .  What a great pick, Alice !  This event is organized by  Joyce  from Kitchen Flavours & we’re currently baking from Lou Sheibert Pappas’s Coffee Cake cookbook .  I simply love this rich buttery ,cheesy brioche with lovely soft  texture .  This is not only a keeper recipe but an easy one too .  Just mix everything together except the shredded cheese & proof for 1½ hour . Punch it down , cover & chill overnight .  The next day just knead a little till soft & add in shredded cheese . 



 Wasabi cheese from The Netherlands


I’ve divided the dough into 2 & added half of the gruyere cheese . And the other half I’ve added my favorite cheese, Wasabi cheese .  I must say that the one with gruyere has more intense flavour (tastier) than the Wasabi cheese .  Wasabi cheese is quite mild compared to   gruyère so I reckon that a good aged or matured cheese is better for taste wise . I’ve also topped with some Wasabi coated sesame seeds on the wasabi briad  !  Yes, I’m really into Wasabi ! LOL  For full recipe , please hop over to ALICE . For more lovely briad of this recipe from all the members of THB .. HERE



  Wasabi Cheese Brioche Briad
 






22 comments:

  1. You are so clever, these look shop bought. Will definitely be trying this bread out although I don't know if mine will turn out as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit, your brioche braid look so cute and pretty. You're very creative and you did a very good job! The texture is very soft... delicious to go with coffee.

    Have a nice day. With hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This cheese broche look so impressive :D Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoh, got heart-shaped braided brioche, I want! Oh, wasabi cheese, 1st time of seeing it, would like to taste it one day if I can get it from the Deli~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Kit! You did a beautiful job for your first time. If you hadn't said anything I would have guessed you had been baking Savory Brioches for ever! Love Wasabi too!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your brioche braids. They look beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a savoury brioche....love those Wasabi cheese and they are so beautifully braided.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit,
    Your braids looks beautiful, like a Christmas wreath! I have never heard or seen wasabi cheese! It's green! Haha! Have never seen green cheese before!
    Yup, this bread is a keeper recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasabi would give this such a kick I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Expertly braided like an artisan baker. Good job! Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit, I wonder what wasabi cheese taste like? Love your braids looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whhaattt?! That sounds incredible, totally bookmarking and trying this!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful done. You can open a shop. I will be the first customer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM

    So beautiful and yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kit , those brioche bread sure look terrific ! Beautifully-made esp the wreath bread , so pretty and for sure delish as well ! Well-done ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Kit,
    wooaaa.... how I love your wreath like braid!
    can teach me pls? :) you have a skillfull fingers!
    and wasabi cheese, wasabi coated sesame seeds? never try before but I bet I would love it cos I love wasabi, too :)
    this bread is indeed a keeper, I love it too
    glad u enjoyed it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing I love the idea of brioche with wasabi! Mmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kit,

    Totally agree that even the brioche base itself has so much Wow! factors... Yours with Wasabi cheese surprises me even more! :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful bread, Kit! Wah, I didn't know there is such a thing as wasabi cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the handiwork on the finishes, and that wasabi flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tasty and beautiful - quite an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kit,
    Wasabi cheese...green color somemore..love it!!
    Your brioches are prefectly baked..love it too :D
    mui

    ReplyDelete