Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Eggless Soy Milk Doughnuts








Submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by Mich from Piece Of Cake  . This event is organized by Zoe of Bake ForHappy Kids & Doreen of  My Little Favorite  D I Y.



I love to drink soy milk & this is the 1st time that I've used it for baking .  I've added unflavoured &  unsweetned organic soy milk for this eggless doughnuts . The taste of beany soy is very subtle & not as creamy as using cow's milk . As for texture, I don't see much difference , only a little more airy-  light  & as tasty as the usual doughnut with egg .    With some melted milk chocolate  topping ( you can use any chocolate of your choice) & some colorful sprinkles .... simply YUM !

Eggless Soy Milk Doughnuts
Adapted from COOKLABO

Ingredients :

80 ml soy milk
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
150g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Parchment papers ( cut into eight - 10cm squares)
150g chocolate bars of your choice
Sprinkles of your choice

Directions :
1)      Combine soy milk, sugar, oil  in a bowl & mix well . 
2)      Sift cake flour & baking powder . Fold in flour mixture into soy milk mixture with a spatula till well combined (the dough is quite soft ) . 
3)      On a floured working surface , shape the dough into a log  & cut into 8 even pieces .
4)      Flour your hand with powder & round each cut dough into a ball , then make a hole in the center with your thumb to look like a doughnut  .  Place it on a parchment paper . 


5)      Deep fry in oil at low (160°C & flip them 2 – 3 times ) for about 7-10 minutes till golden brown . Remove the parchment paper as soon as they come off .  Let to cool on wire rack . 
6)      Melt chocolate bars on bain marie & coat the top of the doughnuts. Decorate with some colourful sprinkles .  Let the chocolate to set before serve .





20 comments:

  1. Wow, Kit! You sure are turning out some yummy recipes. My grandson, Noah, is allergic to milk and all he drinks is soy milk. I'll be posting this recipe to his board so he can ask his Mom to bake him up some yummy doughnuts!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. His board is private:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow eggless and using soy milk, this is my type of recipe! These donuts look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit, this is so yummy! May I have one for tea? Have a wonderful day ahead and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya...one of my favorites.... Yours look just too tempting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good but too bad I don't do deep frying.:( Can I have some of yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so perfect and healthy! I would love to have a piece of your doughnut :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doughnuts are one of my favourite tea break snack. Love the colourful sprinkles topping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow soy milk and no eggs. Perfect for those with allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit...these donuts looked great...plus the fact that they are healthy too... Loved them:!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful doughnuts, Kit! Using soy milk is a wonderful idea!
    These would be great with a cup of warm tea! Yums indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit , I like these healthy version donuts, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have soft spot for the fried stuff. These real doughnuts look irresistible, Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate and rainbow sprinkles on a fluffy homemade doughnut, can't be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy version of naughty food, I like it as I'm a naughty auntie, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kit , I use soy milk sometimes when I make bread and I agree that no difference in texture at all :D I borrowed this book about donuts at the library last week but as usual haven't got around on trying even one of the recipes yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow doughnuts look amazing! What a simple recipe. Tentu sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. tengok pun pasti sedap! can understand malay ?:)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kit, wow.... lovely donuts and I like the chocolate topping. Look so inviting ....can I have 2 and a cup of coffee please? :))

    With lots of love and hugs to you. Have a lovely week ahead,regards

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kit, I love doughnuts! Would love to taste this one as it uses soy milk. Something different!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kit,
    My kids love doughnuts. They will love auntie Kit very very much if they can grab a few of this pretty and yum yum doughnuts.
    mui

    ReplyDelete