Submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by Mich from Piece Of Cake . This event is organized by Zoe of Bake ForHappy Kids & Doreen of My Little Favorite D I Y.
I love to drink soy milk & this is the 1st time that I've used it for baking . I've added unflavoured & unsweetned organic soy milk for this eggless doughnuts . The taste of beany soy is very subtle & not as creamy as using cow's milk . As for texture, I don't see much difference , only a little more airy- light & as tasty as the usual doughnut with egg . With some melted milk chocolate topping ( you can use any chocolate of your choice) & some colorful sprinkles .... simply YUM !
Eggless Soy Milk Doughnuts
Adapted from COOKLABO
80 ml soy milk
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
150g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Parchment papers ( cut into eight - 10cm squares)
150g chocolate bars of your choice
Sprinkles of your choice
1) Combine soy milk, sugar, oil in a bowl & mix well .
2) Sift cake flour & baking powder . Fold in flour mixture into soy milk mixture with a spatula till well combined (the dough is quite soft ) .
3) On a floured working surface , shape the dough into a log & cut into 8 even pieces .
4) Flour your hand with powder & round each cut dough into a ball , then make a hole in the center with your thumb to look like a doughnut . Place it on a parchment paper .
5) Deep fry in oil at low (160°C & flip them 2 – 3 times ) for about 7-10 minutes till golden brown . Remove the parchment paper as soon as they come off . Let to cool on wire rack .
6) Melt chocolate bars on bain marie & coat the top of the doughnuts. Decorate with some colourful sprinkles . Let the chocolate to set before serve .