Friday, November 1, 2013

Soy Milk Buns - Pain au lait de soja





Submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up hosted this month by Mich of Piece Of Cake .  This event is organized by Bake For Happy KidsMy Little Favorite DIY . This month's theme is Soy .




Soy Milk Buns - Pain au lait de soja
Adapted from 700 Grammes

Ingredients :
500g flour
200g (20cl) unsweetened  & unflavour soy milk (room temperature)
1 packet of instant yeast
2 eggs + 1 egg (for egg wash)
60g sugar
60g softened butter
1 Tbsp warm water
1 tsp salt

Directions :
1)      In a mixing bowl , combine flour , sugar, dried yeast , eggs , salt & soy milk . Mix (or knead ) for 5 minutes.
2)      Add in pieces of butter & mix (or knead) again for another 4 to 5 minutes till smooth .  Form the dough into a ball & place in a greased bowl & cover with tea towel . Let it proof for 1 hour till double in size in a warm place .  


3)      On a floured working top , divide dough about 30 to 40g each & shape it in oval or round shape . Place them on greased or lined baking tray & cover with tea towel . Let to proof for another 1 hour till double in size .  Brush egg wash over the top of the bun & using a scissor or knife to cut the top of the bread . Bake in preheat oven  at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes till golden brown .

 

Healthy & soft  buns for snack time



23 comments:

  1. Hi Kit!
    Lucky for me that I'm first, I get to gobble down all those delicious looking buns, lol...

    I've never used soy in baking before very interesting. I think I'll pin this to my daughter's board my grandson is sure to LOVE them. He is allergic to milk and my daughter is always looking for recipes using soy.

    Thanks for sharing, Kit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit, very nice and cute bun, the texture look very fluffy. Lovely presentation and nice click. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Have a nice weekend, Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and soft indeed. Like,like,like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    I am here for some healthy and yummy soy milk buns.
    This is so good to go with some butter and a cuppa of hot tea:D

    Thanks for sharing this to LTU.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  5. These buns look good. Haven't tried making buns with soymilk. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! So enticing, now I need to raid my fridge for something to munch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these buns look absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit, I love buns! I wonder how these buns taste like, must be very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit, I bet these buns are soft and tasty :) Wish to have this for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kit , I hope Louise didn't eat all those delicious soya milk buns lol I've used soya instead of milk in bread baking before and so far , so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I love homemade bread. These buns turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your buns look soft and moist! Love that its made of soy milk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely buns, Kit!
    Perfect for tea time and breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kit,

    I like your nice and healthy tea-time treats. Your petite soy milk buns look very pretty too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. how are you, kit? nvr used soy milk in any breads before, i believe it is just as nice..a healthier option too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your buns looks really soft and fluffy indeed! Now I am curious about the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These soy milk buns look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew I'd find something stunning on your blog, and I was right: your buns look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These buns look so golden and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Kit.

    ReplyDelete