Tuesday, January 21, 2014

La Vache Qui Rit Sablés – Sablés à la vache qui rit







 This is one of my son's favorite cookie that I'm sharing with you  today .   Crunchy, sweet  & creamy cookies coated with sugar .  You’ll never know that this cookies are made with La Vache Qui Rit cheese ! YUM! Submitting this post to  Little Thumbs Up (LTU) event hosted by Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake .  This month’s theme is cheese ! LTU event is oraganized by  Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids & Doreen of My Little Favorite DIY




 La Vache Qui Rit Sablés – Sablés à la vache qui rit

Ingredients :
3 portion of La Vache qui rit cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g softned butter
60g sugar + 10g sugar for coating
200g flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder

Directions :

1)      Preheat oven to 180°C & greased baking pan .  In a bowl mix sifted flour & baking powder , set aside . 

2)      Combine cheese , butter , sugar & vanilla extract in a mixing bowl . Mix or beat till smooth texture .



3)      Fold in flour mixture till soft dough .  Roll dough into 3mm thick & cut dough with cookie cutter of your choice . Coat each cookie with sugar & place cookies on baking pan .  Bake for 10 to 12 mins till cookies turn slightly brown .







9 comments:

  1. Love your biscuit shapes. Must try these with the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit,

    My son likes La Vache cheese too. I'm surprised that these cookies are crunchy kind... not the typical soft cheesy kind. Love to bake these for my son too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cheese cookies. Hope I can try some from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit , I love The laughing cow cheese spread though I haven't bought it for quiet sometime ugh ! How much is 3 portion ? Your pretty cookies look delicious for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne , Thanks for your kind words . 3 portion is about 50g . We love eating this cheese , very addictive for sure ! Well , I ate 5 portions of this cheese while baking this cookies ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Hi Kit, I'm assuming La Vache qui rit cheese is the same one as the Happy Cow one that we get there..... got the same packaging. Actually I like eating this cheese very much too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit,
    My kids love this Happy Cow cheese too.
    Your flower shape cheese cookies looks lovely and I know this cookies must be really YUM!
    How I wish I can have a piece from you now :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies sound yummy. You wouldn't think that there was cheese in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love laughing cow cheese!
    These cookies looks great!
    Thank you for linking this up to LTU cheese, Kit!

    ReplyDelete