An interesting recipe that I've bookmarked from a good friend of mine , Chai Leng from gcl.dunster.nl . This recipe calls for meat floss & just the other day ,I 've made some pork floss adapted from No-Frills Recipes . The cookies turned out to be chewy, sweet & savoury . This is a great treat for Chinese New Year or snacks . YUM !
Submitting this post to Bake Along event organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours together with Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids . This month’s theme is Chinese New Year Cookies
Pork Floss Cookie
Adapted from Gcl.dunster.nl
Pork floss recipe adapted from No-Frills Recipes
100g butter (room temperature)
75g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp milk (or more)
½ tsp baking soda
30g ground almond
80g pork floss (recipe HERE)
1 egg white (lightly beaten for glazing)
Sesame seeds ( topping)
1) Preheat oven to 175°C . Line baking pan with baking paper .
2) Sift flour & baking soda , set aside .
3) Cream butter & sugar till light (fluffy) in a mixing bowl .
4) Gradually add in egg yolk, milk & vanilla essence . Mix till well combined .
5) Stir in flour , ground almond & meat floss . Mix till form a soft dough . ( If the dough is too dry , add in another 1 tbsp milk or add in flour if dough is too wet ) .
6) Pinch some dough & shape into round ball , each dough ball weight about 15g . Place them on baking tray . Flatten slightly using your palm & with a fork ,shape the side of each ball as shown in the picture below .
7) Brush egg white over the cookies & sprinkle some sesame seeds . Bake for 20 – 25 minutes till golden brown . Cool on wire rack & keep in an airtight containers .