Submitting this post to Bake Along event organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours together with Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids . This month’s theme is Chinese New Year Cookies .
After 2 months of MIA / break , I'm back blogging for good ! I hope ! LOL Well , everyone needs a break now & then so that's the reason for my long absent but I do miss blogging . So here goes , for my 1st post of the year , I've decided to bake a Chinese New Year cookie .... yummy sesame cookies !
Adapted from Sumptuous Flavours
357 g cornflour
¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup castor sugar
200h melted ghee ( I’ve used melted butter)
2 eggs (lighty beaten)
¾ cup sesame seeds + 10g for topping
1 egg yolk lightly beaten (glazing)
1) Preheat oven to 190°C . Sift cornflour together with flour & baking powder .
2) Add in sugar , sesame seeds & beaten eggs.
3) Pour in melted ghee over flour mixture & mix to knead well till soft dough .
4) Roll out dough to 3mm thickness & cut with cookie cutters .
5) Place cookies on greased baking pan .
6) Glaze cookies with beaten egg yolk & sprinkle with sesame seeds . Bake for 15 minutes till golden brown .