Monday, January 20, 2014

Sesame Biscuits








Submitting this post to Bake Along event organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours together with  Lena of Frozen Wings &  Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids . This month’s theme is  Chinese New Year Cookies . 




 After 2 months of  MIA / break , I'm back blogging for good ! I hope ! LOL  Well ,  everyone needs a break now & then so that's the  reason for my long absent but I do miss blogging .  So here goes , for my 1st post of the year , I've decided to bake a Chinese New Year cookie .... yummy sesame cookies ! 


Sesame Biscuits
Adapted from Sumptuous Flavours

Ingredients :
357 g cornflour
¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup castor sugar
200h melted ghee ( I’ve used melted butter)
2 eggs (lighty beaten)
¾ cup sesame seeds + 10g for topping
1 egg yolk lightly beaten (glazing) 

Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 190°C . Sift cornflour together with flour & baking powder .

2)       Add in sugar , sesame seeds & beaten eggs.

3)      Pour in melted ghee over flour mixture & mix to knead well till soft dough .

4)      Roll out dough to 3mm thickness & cut with cookie cutters .

5)      Place cookies on greased baking pan .

6)      Glaze cookies with beaten egg yolk & sprinkle with sesame seeds . Bake for 15 minutes till golden brown .




6 comments:

  1. Hi Kit!!!!!! I'm thrilled to "see" you!

    I totally understand taking a break. If you remember, I took a break for an entire year!

    Your Sesame Biscuits sound so inviting. Thank you so much for sharing them and Welcome Back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit , Kit ? lol How are you ?! We missed you , too :D That was quiet a long vacation ! Yeah , cookies sounds good right now and everybody's baking like crazy well , except me :P Love those cookies , they look pretty crunchy and delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Kit!!!

    Miss you a lot at blogging. Hope that you had a great break!!!

    These sesame cookies look great! Must be super-addictive :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit,
    Welcome back!
    Great to see you back in bloggerland!
    We missed you, I'm sure you knew that! wink!
    The sesame cookies looks wonderful. Perfect for the coming CNY. I am busy baking some stuffs for CNY too, and have just fried 5 kg of ngaku! Haha. Trying to bake some other cookies if I have some time!
    Thanks for linking, and it is wonderful to see you back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello kit! it is so great to see you back here . everytime i tell myself i want a break but somehow didnt really manage to..but maybe blogging lesser. i'm happy to see you back with this lovely sesame cookies post, happy baking kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are really baking this Chinese New Year! Love all your cookies. These look particularly delicious.

    ReplyDelete