This is a recipe from another favorite blog of mine , Anne from My Bare Cupboard . I love this crumbly rich shortcakes with pineapple filling . Since I do not have many individual cookie moulds to make this cake , I’ve baked mine without the mould & I did not flip them during baking . Really glad of the outcome , they look good enough to me . I always thought that making pineapple jam will be daunting ! Yes , I hate tedious stirring that is why I do not dare to venture into making the famous CNY pineapple tart . Lame excuse , I know ! LOL Anyway according to Wendy from Table For 2......Or More , her recipe does not need much stirring . True enough that making the pineapple filling is nearly effortless . Yeah , but now I don't have anymore excuse for not making pineapple tart !
Submitting this post to Bake Along event organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours together with Lena of Frozen Wings & Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids . This month’s theme is Chinese New Year
Taiwanese Pineapple Shortcakes
Adapted- pastry recipe from My Bare Cupboard
Pineapple filling from Table for 2 ....or more
190g pineapple filling (recipe here) or ready-made
125g cake flour
30g icing sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
15g custard powder
90g frozen salted butter (cut into small pieces)
2 -3 tbsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 200°C ( I’ve preheated mine at 180°C) & line baking tray with parchment paper .
2) Divide pineapple filling into 10 portions & shape into balls . Set aside .
3) In a bowl , sift cake flour , icing sugar, milk powder .
4) Rub in butter in flour mixture with fingertips till mixture resembles bread crumbs , tip it in a clean surface & knead till form soft dough . Divide into 10 equal pieces (between 18 to 20g each) .
5) Fill each dough with pineapple filling & shape into ball (make sure that the filling is well wrapped) . Put into square or floral shape cookie mould (about 3 to 4 cm cookie mould) ; press with palm from the top . Turn it over & press the other side & place on lined baking tray . Turned down the oven to 165°C & bake for 20 to 25 mins till golden brown & flip once during baking . Set on wire rack to cool before unmolding . **(I do not have many individual moulds to make this cake , I’ve baked mine without the moulds & I did not flip them during baking )