Thursday, March 27, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Slice (Bill Granger)






We love this easy , chewy chocolate & coconut slice to bits .  It was so good that my  1st bake of this yummy slices were gone within minutes !!  Infact this is my 2nd baking that I've made on the same day & finaly got  to snapped some pictures before they vanish right before my eye! LOL  Instead of baking it in a tray , I've baked  in mini cake mould . Yup, being chicky again ! :D  Delicious snack & for anytime of the day ! Quite addictive indeed !   Another keeper recipe from Bill Granger







Chocolate Coconut Slice (Bill Granger)
Adapted from Lovefood.com

Ingredients:
100g butter
250g unsweetened desiccated coconut
200g sugar
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
150g dark chocolate

 Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C . Line a shallow 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper or mini cake mould. In a small saucepan or microwave oven, melt the butter & leave it to cool.
  2. In a large bowl, combine  coconut & sugar together, then add the melted butter &  eggs . Stir well to combine. Stir the chopped chocolate through the mixture.
  3. Press the mixture into the prepared tin or mini cake mould  & bake for 20 minutes until firm. Leave the slice in the tin for about 5 minutes after you've removed it from the oven .  Cut into rectangles & transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.



Meanwhile in my garden ...



" Now how did I get here when I was supposed to be back  there with the rest of them ? "




11 comments:

  1. and these look absolutely yummy Kit!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit,
    I love coconut bakes and this sounds good! And so easy peasy to make too! I love eating coconut macaroon and these sounds similar, so I would definitely enjoy this as well! Anything with coconut is pretty addictive to me! Yum, yum!
    Pretty flower and in my favourite shade of colours for flowers, Yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm no fan of coconut, except for fresh coconut water, your choc coconut slices assure me that they were very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit, this recipe certainly is a keeper. Can see that your chocolate coconut slice is very delish and I won't be surprised that it vanished within seconds after you have snapped the photos of this second batch! You have a great day and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I need to try these.. Looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo looks like a real treat! No wonder they were gone so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate and coconut are such a perfect dessert pair! These look delicious, Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not surprised your first batch was gone in minutes. Chocolate and coconut are a heavenly combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cooconut and chocolate sounds like a wonderful combination...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Kit! You have baked these slices twice! They must be very delicious!

    Never mind that your daffodil is lost from other... It looks extra pretty on its own :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kit, this is really awesome, very addictive. Great combination too and off course don't forget to make a nice cup of coffee to go with this. :))
    Send some over to my place, please! LOL
    Love the beautiful daffodil.

    Have a wonderful day ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete