Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Orange & Candied Ginger Biscuit – Biscuit à l’orange & au gingembre confit



I  was intrigued by this recipe with orange & candied ginger .  Glad that I've tried it & the end result  was good . Rich buttery citrus cookies that reminded of  X'mas .  LOL   I've used biscuit piping set to make this cookies but you can use cookie cutter as well . 



Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Anncoo Journal . This event is organized by Bake For Happy Kids & My Little Favorite DIY   . This month's theme is Orange .  Also submitting this post to Cook Your Books #11 organized by Kitchen Flavours





Orange & Candied Ginger Biscuit – Biscuit à l’orange & au gingembre confit 


Ingredients :
250g flour
125g sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
125g melted butter
½ cup milk
1 tsp orange extract
Zeste of 1 orange
30g candied ginger chopped in small pieces

Method: 

1)      Combine flour, sugar & salt in a large bowl . Make a well in the center & add in egg yolks . Mix well with a fork .

2)      Pour in milk , butter ,orange zeste & orange extract . Mix well till well combined or till form a soft dough . 

3) Preheat oven to 180°C . Grease or line baking tray . Fill the dough in to a biscuit piping set with stainless steel nozzle of your choice . Pipe on lined baking trat & bake for 15 to 20 mins till slightly golden brown .





12 comments:

  1. Wow! These cookies must be so fragrant! Looks so melt in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of the biscuits, look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice piping.. pretty looking biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kit! The combination of orange and candied ginger is very explosive! I would love to eat your biscuits. I like the shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, I made some candied ginger recently and was wondering what I can do with them. Thanks for sharing this recipe. The cookies look so lovely. Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit, These candied ginger biscuits looks so pretty and sounds good with orange flavour in it.
    Thank you for linking to LTU - orange theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theses sound yummy. I love the orange in the biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sold! These cookies look adorable and I love love candied ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine the smell perfumed your kitchen while these were baking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ginger but seldom used them in bakes, as my kids do not like ginger in bakes! Better still, all the more for me! haha!
    These looks delightful with a cup of warm tea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. orange and ginger combination sound good. Lovely shape as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi kit, how you doing? Your this cookies very addictive. The combination must be very flavorful and fragrant. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful week ahead. Regards.

    ReplyDelete