I've bookmarked this recipe from Wendy of Table For 2 for quite awhile now . Well, 2 years ago to be exact but never get around to make it . I've never use avocado in bakes before & to be honest I'm not keen of this fruit . But surprising this cake was very rich & tasty . Although the flavour of the avocado is quite subtle but with the addition of condensed milk gave it a delicious moist creamy taste to the cake . It was not overly sweet & I love the natural green color . My family was quite amazed that this is actually an avocado cake . Well, so do I ! LOL
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by Awayofmind Bakery House . The theme of this month is MILK . This event is organised by Bake For Happy Kids & My Little Favorite DIY
Avocado Milk Pound Cake
Adapted from Table For 2 ....Or More
120 g very ripe avocado flesh
1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice ( I’ve used lime)
150g condensed milk
200g cake flour
100g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1) Combine avocado flesh with lemon/ lime juice & mash till fine texture . Pass it through a sieve & set aside .
2) Sift cake flour, all purpose flour , baking powder & baking soda together . Set aside .
3) Preheat oven at 150°C (fan) / 170°C . Greased & line 2 loaf pans (3x8)
4) Cream butter & sugar till creamy & fluffy . Beat in eggs , one at a time & beating well after each addition .
5) Whisk in condensed milk till well combined . Fold in half the sifted flour & mix on low speed . Add in the rest of the flour & mix till smooth .
6) Mix in avocado puree on low speed till well combined . Pour batter into prepared loaf pan & bake for 35 mins till golden brown .