Monday, May 19, 2014

Avocado Milk Pound Cake




I've bookmarked this recipe from Wendy of Table For 2 for quite awhile  now . Well, 2 years ago to be exact but never get around to make it .  I've never use avocado in bakes before & to be honest I'm not keen of this fruit . But surprising this cake was very rich & tasty . Although the flavour of the avocado is quite subtle but with the addition of condensed milk  gave it a delicious moist creamy taste to the cake . It was not overly sweet & I love the natural green color  .  My family was quite amazed that this is actually an avocado cake .  Well, so do I ! LOL




Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event hosted this month by  Awayofmind Bakery House . The theme of this month is MILK . This event is organised by  Bake For Happy Kids & My Little Favorite DIY


Avocado Milk Pound Cake

Ingredients:
115g butter
50g sugar
120 g very ripe avocado flesh
1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice ( I’ve used lime)
150g condensed milk
200g cake flour
100g all purpose flour
 1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
2 large eggs


Method:
1)      Combine avocado flesh with lemon/ lime juice & mash till fine texture . Pass it through a sieve & set aside .

2)      Sift cake flour, all purpose flour , baking powder & baking soda together . Set aside .

3)      Preheat oven at 150°C (fan) / 170°C . Greased & line 2 loaf pans (3x8) 

4)      Cream butter & sugar till creamy & fluffy . Beat in eggs , one at a time & beating well after each addition . 

5)      Whisk in condensed milk till well combined . Fold in half the sifted flour & mix on low speed . Add in the rest of the flour & mix till smooth . 

6)      Mix in avocado puree on low speed till well combined . Pour batter into prepared loaf pan & bake for 35 mins till golden brown . 





14 comments:

  1. WOW... I love the natural colour in the cake and is really healthy to use avocado in the bakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit,

    We are the avocado people and I always buy at least 2-3 avocado every week. Having said that, we like to eat avocado as it is and never have any leftover for baking :p

    I can see that avocado make your cake very moist too.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit, I still remember Wendy baked this awesome avocado milk cake few years back! I love avocado that's why this cake is in my mind :) you baked this milk cake beautifully too, how sad it is for me not able to get cheap and nice avocado at my place in Middle East.

    Thanks for linkup with LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit, avocado is my hubby's favourite and your pound cake looked moist. By the way, if you want to try the cheesecake recipe in the future, I had missed out an important step earlier which I have now rectified. I forgot to mention that the outside of the springform needed to be wrapped with a few layers of aluminium foil to prevent water from getting into the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit,
    I have never tried using avocado in bakes before! The colour of your pound cake is similar to a pandan cake. It looks moist and a slice would indeed be lovely for a tea-time treat! Malau goh? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que buena pinta tiene que estar buenísimo.
    Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y ha estado un regalo visitarlo, te invito a ver el mio, y esta semana encontraras trucos para hacer una limpieza ecológica del baño que espero te sea útil. Espero tu visita y si no eres seguidora me encantarías que te hicieras y así compartir nuestros blocs. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit! I happen to love avocados. Even then only discovered that I like it 2 or 3 years ago. I am sure I will enjoy this cake a lot. And green is my fav colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit, I have seen Wendy's post on this cake before and have also bookmarked it but not yet tried it..now you are reminding me how long ago it is! Yours looks just as yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to use avocado in baking. Your pound cake has turned out so beautifully green and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kit... mmmm...i always ♡ avocado milkshake not a fan of eating them as they are. Good for our complexion thou...
    Your avocado cake looks moist & tempting...liked to try a slice of it:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. We also love avocado, but dont really like the taste of baked avocados compared to eating them as it is. Maybe this cake will change our minds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kit , where did you get your avocado ? I don't like avocado as well but I love the color :D The cake looks really pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi kit! hope you are doing well. i like avocado in my sandwiches! i'm curious abt the taste of this avocado cake but the colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kit, love this avocado milk pound cake. The colour is so refreshing too. Cheers and regards :)

    ReplyDelete