I've adapted this recipe from Alan Ooi's cookbook - Mooncake Sonata but not sure if this pastry is considered as mooncake or not . Anyway , we love this flaky cake with homemade red bean filling . I really enjoyed making this mini floral pastries . Hopefully I've more time to make some mooncakes for the Mid- Autumn Festival which falls on September 8th this year .
Submitting this post to Cook -Your -Book # 15 organized by Kitchen Flavours . I’m also linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event organized by Bake For Happy Kids & My Little Favourite D I Y . This month’s host is Domestic Goddess Wannabe & her theme is FLOUR . I’ll be hosting next month’s Little Thumbs Up event & my theme is APPLE . So do join in the fun & share some of your favourite apple recipes with us .
Adapted from Mooncake Sonata of Alan Ooi
Red bean filling adapted from My Style Of Recipes
(A) Water Dough
25g icing sugar
75 ml water
(B) Oil Dough
(Filling) 300g red bean paste (recipe HERE)
1 egg yolk( for glazing)Some black sesame
1) Water Dough : Mix ingredients A till well combined . Set aside for 10 mins. Then divide the dough into 10 portions about 30g each & form into balls.
2) Oil Dough : Mix indredients B till well combined . Divide the dough into 10 portions about 18g each & form into balls.
3) Flatten the water dough & place oil dough in the center . Wrap both dough together to form into ball . Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat & then roll it up like Swiss Roll . Repeat for the rest of the dough .
4) Then roll flat again with a rolling pin & roll back up again to form Swiss Roll . Set aside for 10 mins
5) With a rolling pin, roll flat a portion of dough & wrap red bean paste filling (30g / portion ) Seal the dough by pinching the it securely . Form it into a ball & flatten it . Cut 5 to 6 ‘petal’ on the dough with scissor & draw a line at each petal with a plastic knife . Brush on egg yolk & sprinkle with some black sesame seeds as shown . Bake in preheated oven at
190°C for 20 mins or till
golden brown .