Delicious & soft muffins adapted from Nigella Christmas cookbook . A lovely sweet treat to enjoy
Christmas Morning Muffins
Recipe from Nigella Christmas cookbook
1 2/3 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 clementines (juice & zest)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter )
1 1/2 cup cranberries ( I've used raisins )
turbinado sugar (brown sugar)
1) Preheat oven to 200°C & line 12 muffins pan with paper liners
2) In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda ,sugar, cinnamon,, nutmeg & zest of clementines .
3) In a measuring cup combine clementines juice & milk till it comes halfway between the 3/4 cup & 1 cup marks .
4) Add in oil & egg , & lightly beat till combined .
5) Pour liquid mixture into dried ingredients . Stir till well combined . Fold in cranberries(raisin) . Spoon the batter in prepared muffin pan & sprinkle brown sugar on top & bake for 20 mins or till golden brown .
Linking this post to Cook Your Books # 29 event hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours
Linking this post to Cook & Celebrate : Christmas 2015 event hosted by Bake For Happy Kids , Goody Foodies & The Domestic Goddess Wannabe .