For this festive season , I'll be sharing some of the Christmas treats we enjoy over here in Europe during festive season . To begin with I've baked our family favourite & a speciality from Alsace . The Kouglof or Kougelouf is a delicious sweet brioche with raisin, rum & almond . It's a celebration brioche & usually serve during Christmas, wedding & village festival . The origine of Kouglof was actually from Austria , Czech Republic & Sud of Germany . I've used a silicon Kouglof mould to make this brioche but you can also use a bundt cake mould as well .
Source from La Cuisine de Bernard
200 ml milk
175g butter ( room temperature & cut into cubes)
1 packet active dry yeast
160g raisin /sultana
2 tbsp rum
powdered / icing sugar
1) Soak raisin / sultana with some hot water ( just enough to cover the raisin) with 2 Tsbp of rum .Set aside .
2) Stir half of the milk(warm) with 1 tbsp of sugar & sprinkle in yeast . Leave it for 10 mins.
3) Combine eggs , salt, sugar & the rest of the milk in the bowl of your food processor . Mix well .
4) Add in flour together with yeast mixture & beat till the dough comes together . Using dough hook attachment & mix for 15 mins ( 20 mins by hand) . The dough should be elastic & smooth .
5) Gradually add in butter & mix till the dough detached from theside of the bowl (the dough no longer stick to the bowl) .
6) Drain raisin , add into dough .& mix till well incorporated . Greased Kouglof mold or bundt pan & add almonds on the bottom of the mold . Place the dough in prepared mold & cover with damp tea towel . Let it rise for 2 hours & double in size .
7) Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 45 mins till golden brown . Place Kouglof on wire rack to cool . Sprinkle powdered sugar before serve .
***This is another Kouglof that I've baked with a 'little' less sultana as my elder son does not like any dried fruit but I'm trying my luck here . LOL
Linking this post to Bake Along # 89 theme Christmas Yeasted Bread hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours , Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids & Lena from Frozen Wings .
Cook & Celebrate : Christmas 2015 event hosted by Bake For Happy Kids , Goody Foodies & The Domestic Goddess Wannabe .