Jane Austen moment in Persuasion
Chapter 8"I might not like them the better for that perhaps. Such a number of women and children have no right to be comfortable on board."
"My dear Frederick, you are talking quite idly. Pray, what would become of us poor sailors' wives, who often want to be conveyed to one port or another, after our husbands, if everybody had your feelings?"
"My feelings, you see, did not prevent my taking Mrs Harville and all her family to Plymouth."
"But I hate to hear you talking so like a fine gentleman, and as if women were all fine ladies, instead of rational creatures. We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days."
"Ah! my dear," said the Admiral, "when he had got a wife, he will sing a different tune. When he is married, if we have the good luck to live to another war, we shall see him do as you and I, and a great many others, have done. We shall have him very thankful
to anybody that will bring him his wife."
"Ay, that we shall."
"Now I have done," cried Captain Wentworth. "When once married people begin to attack me with,--`Oh! you will think very differently, when you are married.' I can only say, `No, I shall not;' and then they say again, `Yes, you will,' and there is an end of it."
Inspired from BBC Food. Com
25g caster sugar
225g self raising flour
1 tablespoon of Matcha powder
pinch of salt
150 ml milk
1) Preheat oven to 220°C & grease baking tray/ sheet
2) Combine flour, salt & Matcha powder & rub in the butter till dry & flaky.
3) Add I sugar & milk to get a soft dough.
4) Knead the dough on a floured work surface & try to pat out to a round 2 cm thick. Using a 5 cm round ring cutter to and cut out shapes & place them on baking tray/ sheet.
5) Brush egg white on top of the scones & Bake for 12 to 15 mins till well risen & slightly brown. Serve the scones warm, cut in half & with fresh whipped cream or jams.
I'm linking this recipe to Free & Easy Bake - Along hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavors , Lena of Frozen Wings Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids. And the theme for this time is SCONES